As Plumbing Engineer/BIM Manager, Ted is responsible for the plumbing design and engineering of commercial, military and educational facilities while developing the standards, best practices, training and implementation of the company’s Building Information Modeling process.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
9+ Plumbing Design and Engineering
3+ Use and Implementation of Revit
I began my career as a CADD Drafter and worked my way to Plumbing Designer and then to Plumbing Engineer after receiving my CPD (Certified in Plumbing Design, ASPE). I have completed five projects in Revit, a library in Sun City, CA, a YMCA addition in San Diego, CA, one new construction and one restoration for the military and a pilot project for GSA. Because of my work on the library I was tasked with the role of BIM Manager.
- CPD – ASPE
- BIM 101 – Associated General Contractor’s of America (Part One of a six part BIM Education Program)
- BIM Technology – Associated General Contractor’s of America (Part Two of a six part BIM Education Program)
- First LEED Gold Certified U.S. Marine Project – Miramar Golf Clubhouse
- Excellence in Construction – Miramar Golf Clubhouse – Associated Builders and Contractors San Diego Chapter.
- North County Regional Educational Center – San Marcos Unified School District – Building of America Honor as one of the 50 best new construction or renovations in the Southern California Region.
- Grossmont College Digital Arts/Sculpture Complex, El Cajon, CA – Building of America Honor as one of the 50 best new construction or renovations in the Southern California Region.
- Three Green Building of America awards for Excellence in Green Building Desing.